Monday 17 July 2017

Cream nail polish re-organising/declutter


Hi guys!

Here I have a very very long post for you. This year I tried to build up my cream polishes, switching to cruelty free and less toxic products.

I don't have to tell you it didn't took me a long time to fill a whole wall rack plus to have some overflow. There were just tons and tons of stunning cream collections from the Indie brands I love so much.

But it was time to go through my whole collection.

I started this journey a while ago with the help of the lovely Karen, and we separated all the polishes I was 100% sure in keeping.

At the moment they rest in two shoe boxes - all 140 of them - awaiting their come back.


Not a very elegant and respectful way of showing them love, but they are very precious to me!

I also have some swatch sticks ready to be painted. That's another time consuming but therapeutic process. Let me know in the comments if you want to see a post on that! :)


I also had a smaller box for the "maybes" - only 29, which would be enough for a whole month if I would wear a different one every day...



So here is the kind of mess I had to deal with:


As you might know, I halved my collection down to three wall racks instead of six. I try not to allow myself to have more, but I think I might have seriously failed on that...

The first one houses all the untried CBL, Glam Polish, Color Alike, FUN Lacquer, Femme Fatale, A England, Emily de Molly, Powder Perfect, Painted Polish, Polished for Days, Nine Zero and the only one Parrot Polish I have.


The second one got all the Cirque, Girly Bits, Bow Polish, Starrily, Fair Maiden, ILNP, Native War Paints, Sayuri, Pahlish, Pretty Serious, Picture Polish, Illyrian, Grace-full, Bluebird Lacquer, Dance Legend, Color Club, Superchic, Esmaltes da Kelly, Daria, Cadillacquer, Chaos&Crocodiles, Bear Pawlish, Tonic Polish, Sparklea Polish and a few mainstream brands like China Glaze, OPI and Zoya.

The bottom row are mainstream creams I still haven't find replacement for.


The third rack holds all the cream polishes I hoarded in the past few months, and I also got a healthy overflow on my desk:



So today I did bite the bullet, and attacked all the creams trying to find dupes or less pigmented polishes.

First I separated them by colour. OMG you guys, I didn't think I have so many of each colour family... 


It's kind of embarrassing...

Let's start with the purples, 16 of them. 16!!!!! I don't even like purple that much...


Here I have swatched them all side by side. The polishes on the left will stay, I have one maybe in the middle, and all the polishes on the right are going. Yep, good start! Let's hope it stays. :)


Next stop are the pinks. Pinks. Just to make it clear, I don't really like pinks. Where are these all coming from??? ;)


Again, the polishes on the left I'm keeping (???), I have two to try, as they are very similar, and the two on the right are getting destashed. Sorry guys, I will repeat this throughout the post...


Let's have a look on the yellows. I can not say I wear a lot of yellow polish, but I constantly try to find the perfect yellow to water marble with:


They are all so pretty, some of them I know how they behave, the other ones are quiet new to me, so I still have to play around with them. I only had one maybe and one to say goodbye to in this group.


Next stop is the oranges, peaches and corals. Again, not a colour I would use for a full mani, but love them in nail designs:


Do you hear that? They scream Summer to me!!! I have three maybe and two to the destash pile.


Next stop: reds. Love, love, love reds, but I don't use red very often in a nail designs, and for a solid colour I'm very picky in the shade of red I want to wear. So here they are:


Surprisingly I did the biggest damage in this category, keeping only three, one maybe, and getting rid of four... Interesting...



I don't have to many whites, but I still compared them - this doesn't includes my all time favorite Sinful Colors, but I know I will definitely keep that one, as well these four.



Neutrals. Now this is an interesting category, as I thought I have to find the perfect mannequin colour, but it seems I have more than enough to choose from:


There were only a few maybes, at this point I don't know which one I will part with.


The next two colour groups really shocked me. I do love the pale greens/turquoise colours, yet I never wear them! Why on Earth do I have so many of them??? I seriously have to have a conversation with myself...



Not sure if I should be disappointed or should be happy, as I kept a lot, have 7 maybes and I'm only getting rid of one... This whole declutter is not going as good as I planned...


Last but not the biggest pile, the blues... I have to admit, I love myself a bit of blue in every shade, but let's be honest, this is rather excessive... 26 polishes! A normal person have that amount all together including top and base coats... :)


I think I might just lost the power I used to jump into this whole sorting through... Again, I'm keeping 17, have 10 maybes or to compare, and only managed to round up the destash pile with 2 polishes... Well, it seems I'm not able to be as ruthless as I wanted to be...


So at the moment, the keepers are back on the wall, proudly awaiting the next step in their life.

I have a box nearly full with the ones I have to try, 31 of them. God help me... Oh, forgot to mention the 189 untried ones on the first two racks... 

Lovely! I don't even know where to start! :)

Definitely feel better, that my colours are thinned out, I can see more where I'm lacking on shades (do I???), and which color combinations I want to play with.

Let me know what kind of post you would like to see next!

I hope you enjoyed this rather long post, thank you so much to stopping by! See you soon! Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment