Wednesday 3 February 2016

2st day of the "Another day, another polish" challenge for February 2016

Good morning everyone! :)

Here I am with the second day of the challenge. Within the challenge I have a mini one, which is to catch up with the delay, and have the third up by the evening... (no pressure then...)

But no rush ahead, I have a beautiful polish to share with you!

Soul Fire from Shades of Phoenix


Can we just start with the label and admire the stunning Phoenix? I think this is one of the most beautiful labels I came across during my journey in the indie world!
The polish is a tangerine orange shade with a hint of coral. It has black matte micro glitter (love it!), silver holographic micro glitter and also silver holographic square glitters as well. This last one caught my eye, as it is quiet unique, I don't find it very often in any polish.


Unfortunately those square glitters seemed to have more fun looking trough the glass to the big world instead of transferring to my nails, even if I had the bottle shaken like crazy before application.

The first coat was kind of sheer, although it gave an even coverage. It was very easy to apply. This polish is on a thin side, but it didn't wanted to run or flood my cuticles:


I still could see my nail line, so I went for a second coat:


The second coat went on very easily as well, giving full coverage. I was a little bit disappointed, that the larger square glitters didn't made it to my nails, but this is a beautiful polish anyway! :)

It dried a little bit gritty, so to even everything out I applied a layer of topcoat:


I'm still working on the setting and the lighting, but here are some macro shots:



I think, that at the moment this polish doesn't shines in all it's glory on my hand, but that might be because my skin tone is quiet pale at the moment. I will definitely give it another go during the Summer!

I hope you enjoyed this review, and thank you for stopping by! Xxx



2 comments:

  1. Love this one too, very unique :) It reminds me a bit of Pretty Serious 'Haddonfield', but a bit more toned down and subtle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I might compare the two, as Haddonfield is another untried one! ;)

      Delete