Monday 9 May 2016

Blue and white water marble manicure for Karen

Hi guys! :)

Here I have a very exciting post for you!

I had the pleasure to spend time with my friend Karen and after a hard day of shopping some nail polish, visiting Lush and going trough my collection of polishes, we decided, that I do a manicure for her.

I kind of knew what she will go for, but as she was the guest, I let her choose the method and also the polishes.
We both do love water marble, and I definitely enjoy it even more if I can do it for someone else!

She choose two shades of blue from Colors by Llarowe - Soccer Mum and CBL Addicts Blue Me Away - and also a white (I used my trusted White on White from China Glaze).
I decided to do a chevron design on her nails.

Here is the end result, but if you want to know how I (we) did it, just keep reading! :)



We were talking about forever that I might do her nails once we have enough time, so this was a kind of: ok, it's 5pm, but let's do it! :)

Unfortunately I had to take her beautiful Lilypad Lacquer off... :(

First I started with a nice basic manicure shaping and filing her nails. I also removed the cuticles around which were not invited to the party! As a base coat I used my beloved Stuck on Blu from Glisten & Glow.


Actually I love her nails, they are long, strong, beautiful and healthy! :)

Until the one coat of Soccer Mum was drying, I quickly applied some liquid latex to keep cleaning up to a minimum, and started to build the bulls eye. :)

Here is a picture of one of the dips:


Yes, it is awkward, and required a lot of coordination from both of us, but we had such a good laugh!

After her hand was done it looked like a big mess, but if you ever try water marble and got this result, don't be afraid, it will come out just amazing!!!


May I just mention it here, that she started to cement her face in a huge smile, and behaved like a kid in the candy store, what was the biggest compliment for me!!!

Eventually I stopped torturing her, and cleaned up the mess I created, and gave her a shiny topcoat.

I have to admit, this is one of my most loved water marbles I ever did for someone else!!!




I really hope sweetheart, that you do enjoy your beautiful nails for a long time, and hope to see you again soon!!! :)

As some of you might know, Colors by Llarowe is my favourite Indie brand, and I love the fact that Leah Ann's polishes are not just stunning, they apply like a dream, and even the holographic ones are great for water marble!!!

I absolutely enjoyed doing this design, and I hope that there is lot more to come! )


Thank you very much for stopping buy, and I hope you enjoyed this post! Xxx




4 comments:

  1. They look lovely :) Very successful water marble, and she has a great nail shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a pleasure to do it! :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous watermarble! How fun to do it for a friend :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was just amazing! W would love to do it more often! Maybe for someone with long nails! ;) Xx

      Delete