Friday 13 May 2016

Green gradient with some fun stamping :)

Hi guys!

I'm back with another gradient! :)

I loved yesterday's design so much, that I wanted to do another one this time with different colours. Here is the end result, but there will be a twist at the end, so stay tuned. :)


As a base coat I used Nailtiques Formula2 to help my nails to recover from the damage caused by the extreme weather change.


Of course the all important liquid latex is always on side to keep cleaning up to a minimum. Love the stuff! :)




For this gradient I used three polishes from OPI. The colours are: Alpine Snow, That's Hula-rious! and My Dogsled is a Hybrid.

Yesterdays slight disaster thought me something, so this time I was actually experimenting with colours, and changed one of the greens as the stamping polish was not quiet visible on it. I like that I changed it, this colour combo is so much more spring-like.

First I applied a layer of the white to help the colours pop.


Using the end of a make up sponge I slowly started to build up the layers of the gradient. I had some issues with the pulling again, but as with so many other nail art this also needs a lot of practice! Not to mention that the application may vary with different brands. OPI did blended better this time than China Glaze with my previous design.

After 3-4 coats of sponging I was happy with the opacity of the colours.


When I was looking trough my stamping plates I instantly fell in love with this image. For some reason it reminds me of lianas from the jungle so actually I choose the green colours after I chose the image. :) Crazy, I know... :)

I would like to mention it here, that I love all the stamping polishes from Esmaltes da Kelly! They are insanely pigmented, the most opaque colours I ever came across, and just a dream to work with. Today I used Helix which is a stunning dark green holographic polish.

Not to forget about the clear stamper from Rainbow Connection, which quickly became my favourite, and I use it all the time!


I did a quick clean up, and applied a topcoat. Ta-dah, the beautiful green crazyness is alive! I really really love it!!! :)


After having the shiny version on for a day, I just applied a matte topcoat. I don't understand why I was not using any of that stuff before! I'm loving the effect!


If you are wondering, I used Fab Ur Nails FUN16 plate for the stamping also available at RC :)


All in all I absolutely enjoyed doing this gradient, and I already got the next one in my mind! :)
Please let me know in the comments if you want to see a tutorial how I do a gradient, as I'm playing with the idea to make some videos for you as well.

I hope you enjoyed this post, and thank you so much for stopping by! Xxx


2 comments: