Thursday 19 May 2016

Magic Rainbow from Starrily - True Magic in the bottle... and a bit of extra stamping


Hi guys and welcome!


I received some stunning nail mail recently (thank you Anita) and I have to admit, I was quiet keen to try this one.

The pictures on the website are stunning, so I couldn't wait!

Here is the end result:




The first coat went on very easily, but I was kind of disappointed, as it was very, very sheer... For some reason I thought this polish will be more than a topper...


I've seen polishes before building up well with the second coat, so I was optimistic:


The second coat did build up nicely and because of the strong holographic is giving the feeling of full opacity, but I was not entirely happy with so I did  third:


There is not a lot of a difference between two and three coats, but it does gives a bit more depth to the polish.
As you can see on the next picture, it is still quiet see trough, but there is so much going on colour wise in the rainbow, that it doesn't leaves a visible nail line.


Here is a macro of the stunning rainbow colourfulness:


It's much more colourful in person, but it was just very difficult to capture all the colours.

Originally I was aiming for stamping as well, so I chose this lovely image from the Sugar Bubbles SB 021 plate, and used Moyra black stamping polish along with my beloved clear stamper (all these items mentioned are available on Rainbow Connection)



All in all I'm very happy with the outcome, I love that the colours are changing with every slight movement of the hand!

I hope you enjoyed this post, and thank you for stopping by! XXx





2 comments:

  1. Timea, this mani looks fab. Great choice on the base colour, love a good holo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is really a stunning holo! :)

      Delete