Wednesday 14 September 2016

Neon yellow and orange gradient with stamping

Hi guys!


As I'm writing this post I'm in Spain enjoying the the heat and the endless sunshine. This combination inspired me to do this nail design I will share with you today.
I thought once on holiday, I will give my nails a long due pampering session and also a new design (nearly every day)

Here are the ingredients for today's nails:


First I started with a mani bomb from Lush, which is not exactly a many bomb, but because it's small, it's perfect for the occasion. It is one of their Luxury Bath Oils and let me tell you, it smells divine! :) You can find it here.


It dissolved quickly, and became a hot green mess, but it was a pleasure to soak my hand in it. My nails looked shiny and hydrated, oily but not greasy. I do enjoy, when my nails are long, but in the same time using them is getting more difficult, so I filed them back, also included a manicure. Here is a before and after picture:



As a base I used my trusted and beloved Nailtiques Formula2, the only base coat which is actually helping to restore the strength of my nails and also prevents flaking.
Then I applied two coats of Glisten&Glow "Wedding Gown White". Have to admit this beautiful one coater was not performing as it was before, but I'm blaming the heat and the dry breeze! ;)


Also applied liquid latex around my nails, as it will help with the clean up.
I grabbed a make up sponge, and for the gradient I used China Glaze "Celtic Sun" with Girly Bits "Thump Your Melons".
I slowly build up the layers, I did only three, as the white base gave enough umph to achieve the opacity I was going for.


For the stamping I used my Clear Jelly Stamper from Rainbow Connection.
along with MoYou black stamping polish.
For the image I chose Moyra Geometry plate, also from Rainbow Connection.

With the stamping done, there was only the cleaning left (and hubby behind me, telling me we will be late from dinner...) :D


A quick layer of my all time favorite Seche Vite, and in 5 minutes we were out the door.



I do love this design so much! It screams Summer in so many ways! Deep in my heart I can't wait to put some nice fall shades on, as Autumn is my favorite season, but for now on, I hold on to the Summer until the last minute!

I really hope you enjoyed my little fest of brightness, and thank you very much for stopping by!

See you soon! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment