Thursday 15 September 2016

"Monochrome" floral design using Bow Polish Solar top coat

Hi guys!


It's nearly time for me to go home, but I was desperate to try this new(ish) Solar topcoat from Bow Polish whilst on holiday.
I had a lot of ideas how to show the beauty of this polish in the best possible way, and I opted for a full coverage design.

Here are the items I used for this manicure:


First I applied my base coat. I use Nailtiques Formula2, the only base coat which is actually helping with my peeling nails. (I can not believe how much my nails grove since last week...)


This time I applied only one coat of "Wedding Gown White" from Glisten & Glow:


Then I used two coats of Bow Polish's "Solar top coat", which is a milky semi sheer white crelly with a lot of silver micro glitter:


At this point it does not looks interesting, but keep reading, as this product got some amazing surprises! :)

I applied some liquid latex, and with a black stamping polish from MoYou, I stemped on the floral pattern. For the image I used FabUr Nails FUN16 plate and my clear stamper, both from Rainbow Connection:


At this point I started to really love this design! :)

After a clean up and a coat of high shine quick dry topcoat, I was finished, and actually very happy with the outcome!


The story of this design doesn't ends here, the magic just begins! :) The Solar top coat reacts with the UV in the Sunshine (also works with the UV light used for gel nails), so here are some indoor pictures:




And the beauty of this polish: on the Sun!!! :)



I love, love how the design is looking both in shadow, and on the Sun! The colour changing is a very interesting procedure, and in the shadow it transforms back quiet quickly.

Definitely unique, love the purple, and it's also a build in UV level tester, so you would know when to avoid the Sunshine (the purple gets darker).

I really enjoyed to create this design, and had a lot of compliments since!

If you like something special in your collection, this polish is a definite must have! Also, I would like to highlight, that Bow Polish changed the cap, the big square kind of silly cap is removable, leaving just a round, much more manageable cap to use.


Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed this tutorial/review, and see you soon! Xxx 






5 comments: