Sunday 15 January 2017

Layered sweet potato and onions baked with Camembert


Hi guys!

Today I have a rather different post here for you.

My other passion besides nail polish and nail art is cooking. In the past few months I came across several YouTube videos regarding "What I ate today", and I quiet enjoyed those.
I re-fell in love with cooking, and did find myself trying new dishes. I thought you might find it just as enjoyable as I did!

Now I'm the one, who never follows the recipes, I just love to create something new, most of the times from leftovers. So it's a win-win situation.

I saw a picture on Pinterest a while ago, and I thought, one day I will do that! 
The original dish was potato layered with sweet potato and onions, but as we don't eat potato, so I left it out.
I also had a lot of Camembert left from Christmas so that needed to be used. There came the idea to put the cheese on the top, and let it bake.

So I sliced two medium sized sweet potatoes and three onions, and just put them in a dish alternating between the two:


It already looked good! :)
I seasoned it with salt and coarse ground black pepper. Turned out the salt was not enough, but you never know how sweet the potato is! ;)


Now onto the star of the dish, the Camembert. My other half loves this type of cheese, so I bought a huge one for him for Christmas.
It seemed to big, and we still had a quarter left. I hate to throw food away, always try to create a dish to use all the ingredients in my fridge.
So the lovely present been sliced and placed neatly on the top of the potato-onion fan.


I also sprinkled the top with some smoked paprika just to give it a posh look, and a hint of flavour.
It went into the oven for 40 minutes on 170 Celsius.
The smell was awesome in the whole house! :)

The final result:


All the inside of the cheese been melted away, giving the sweet potato and onion a creamy bath. The crust remained on the top and became crispy.




Apparently it was delicious, and I have to agree, sometimes something unusual can become something delicious.

I definitely will recreate this dish in the near future, as it was cheap, very easy to do, and yummy!

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, although I know I only posted about nail polishes.

Please let me know in the comments if you would like to see more of these kind of posts!

Thank you so much for stopping by, and I hope to see you soon! Xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment